Some sites to visit that I've found interesting,
for one reason or another!
back to the Knutsford
Ornithological Society Homepage
- Team Tuesday -
An active group of birders based in Sale, established following a series of WEA classes - just like the KOS!
- birding in the Pyrenees -
Les Sorbiers at
least 10% discount if you mention the KOS!
- Thinking of travelling up to Speyside for some
birding? then look no further than
Ballifurth Farm for quality accomodation.
- British Wild Flowers John Somerville's splendid website
that will eventually contain pictures of every species of plant to be found in
- Wild West Yorkshire Richard Bell's unique Wildlife diary, A
well designed website containing some lovely illustrations.
- Greenheys Farm - A site about farming in Cheshire, by a
real Farmer - you can almost smell the cow ---- !!
- In the old days we had to work hard for
Red Kites !
- Do you know what Phenology is? - you're about
to find out!
- Birds on stamps! a splendid site - we've all collected
stamps at one time or another!
- Focalpoint Friendly, Cheshire based Optical suppliers
with unrivalled viewing facilities and an excellent Web Site complete with
up-to-date rare bird news.
- The Woolston Eyes Conservation Group homepage a very
knowledgable group of enthusiasts - we're talking real Ornithology here!
- If you want to see what civilisation is all
about then visit Norway, if you can't go personally
and take a real-time view from The University of Tromso across to the beautiful
Arctic Cathedral, remember though it's 24 hour darkness in the Winter months!
- Download the
clock free of charge and your computers time will always be spot-on!!
"Speccy" refuses to lie down and die, now down to
£5 at car boot sales.
pre-Spectrum technology, but still going strong - fascinating reading
- International communication without wires or
fibre optics or whatever they use ......Amateur Radio
learn a little more about the Town -
even more from an unexpected source!
- Every time there's an
the Northern Hemisphere, there's one over Antarctica at the same time. Not a
lot of people know that.
- At last the
RSPB HOMEPAGE was it
worth waiting for?.........judge for yourself!
- Everyone should own a
stationary engine ,
more relaxing than fishing or a glass of red wine!
back to the KOS Homepage
links last checked 21st August 2016